[StBernard] 12-year-old evacuee dies in accidental shooting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 29 12:09:12 EDT 2005

This is so sad. We met Alexandra Short at West Feliciana Middle School where
she signed up the same time our daughter signed up. My daughter knew her
also from Elite Dance Academy.
Gun Safety is so important, to remember to never have the barrel point
toward a person even when unloading it or handling it empty.
Our sympathy and condolences go out to the family and friends of Alexandra.
They probably dont remember us, but we went through a tiny Katrina Recovery
moment together when their daughter signed up. I remember how she looked
surprised and a little tense to join the class right that day and felt for
her, as all our kids went through periods of anxiety entering a strange
school. I know God has welcomed her in his arms, taking away all pain and
anxiety.