[StBernard] Hope

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Oct 29 13:08:39 EDT 2005

Yellow Ribbons - A Sign of Hope for my Parish
We lost much "stuff" in the surge of Katrina and the oil spill to follow but
in the end it is not about "stuff". It is about being away from friends,
family and familiar environments (as was reposted this am). It is about
friends and family separated and a new life forming. One of uncertainty but
there is hope. In the beginning you hoped to find out everyone was alive
and slowly checked off that list. Then you hoped it was not true everything
you were hearing about the flood waters and your home. Then you hoped on
that day you went to see your home that something could be save but found
next to nothing. You hope to see a friend, a neighbor again. You hope that
relative might come visit but in your hope of all hopes nothing can put my
neighborhood back the way it was. Only hope can rebuild my neighborhood
over time. In our St. Bernard Parish we are tying yellow ribbons in front
of the houses to say. WE ARE REBUILDING! It is a sign of HOPE to our St
Bernard Parish Community and to each and everyone who sees the ribbons from
the families to the volunteers to the relief workers. There is a way to see
HOPE in the form of a yellow ribbon. I am excited about putting mine up...
Are you?

AvtrGrl