[StBernard] Murphy Oil Letter - Oct 31, 2005

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 31 13:02:47 EST 2005

WM. MICHAEL HULSE
PRESIDENT

October 31, 2005

Dear Residents of St. Bernard,

This is an update on the progress of communications with the residents
of the area affected by the Katrina oil spill. Last week we opened
offices in St. Bernard, Metairie, and Mandeville and have begun
individual appointments. Beginning this week we will open additional
offices in Baton Rouge and Houston to accommodate displaced residents
residing in those areas.

We are still calling the residents in the affected area who contacted
Murphy to set appointments at all offices. We had targeted October 30 to
contact each resident, however, due to the level of interest it is going
to take a little longer, but you will be contacted.

We are increasing our efforts and want to assure the residents we are
working to reach them promptly. No resident will be affected in any way
by when the appointment is made. We have set no deadlines for this
process to conclude and recognize that residents need to be given ample
time to consider the decisions they face in rebuilding and restoring
their lives and their homes.

Many residents have received letters from us this week with incorrect
mailing labels; that is, the first names and addresses were correct, but
the last name was wrong. This was caused by a technical glitch in
printing the mailing labels. We apologize for the confusion this has
caused, and we have confirmed that the claims database does have the
correct information.

We continue to encourage all residents who have not already contacted
Murphy who believe they may be in the affected area to call (877) 511-1006.

We appreciate the participation and patience of those residents in the
area affected by the Katrina oil spill who have contacted us.

Yours very truly
W. Michael Hulse
President, Murphy Oil USA, Inc.