[StBernard] Flood Insurance buy-in

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 31 19:00:05 EST 2005

It appears that the Flood Insurance buy-in may help many who were not
insured, but falls short for the many who were underinsured. Considering our
last couple of Insurance Commissioners have been imprisoned its no doubt
that this travesty has occured. Our public watchdogs, were not watching out
for us. With this being said, I believe our Federal government needs to step
up to the plate and let charity begin at home. St. Bernard Parish is vital
to the whole country. We have billions of gallons of oil and natural gas
refined here. Enough talking from the President that many St. Bernard
residents voted in, we need some real help on rebuilding.
We need to pass a bill does not allow any more foreign aid until the last
home in the hurricane stricken region has been rebuilt. There are enough
federal resources available, they are just going abroad. Don't get me wrong,
I am not against helping our neighbors, but charity should begin at home.