[StBernard] Governor's statement regarding special session

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 1 22:39:16 EST 2005

Governor issues call for the special legislative session

"This is a substantial package of initiatives that will help our families,
our business and our state recover from Katrina and Rita. We will cut
spending and restructure government to address a $1 billion drop in state
revenues. My package includes legislation that will recreate the New Orleans
school system, give tax breaks for businesses and families, create a new
building code, unify levee and coastal protection and provide additional
ethics safeguards.
"We're facing big challenges in Louisiana and this package for this special
session will help us meet those challenges."

Governor Blanco will hold a press conference at 10 a.m. Tuesday, November 1,
on the 4th floor of the State Capitol in the Governor's press room to
address the call for the special legislative session.

The full text of Proclamation 62 - Convening of Legislature in Extraordinary
Session is available online at: http://www.gov.state.la.us/session/

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation (LDRF), Louisiana's fund for
Louisiana's people, has been established by Governor Kathleen Babineaux
Blanco in order to support long-term family restoration and recovery and
help provide assistance to our citizens in need through a network of
Louisiana charities and non-profit agencies.

1-877-HELPLA1 (877-435-7521) www.louisianahelp.org