[StBernard] Request for updated information

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 1 22:55:58 EST 2005

Westley:

Do you know of a telephone number that I can use to contact someone
regarding the status of running water in Corinne Estates? I am staying in
Chattanooga, having returned from a one week visit to St. Bernard to clean
out the mud and gut my home. Unfortunately, there was no running water due
to a broken water line at the end of the second block (Magistrate and
Corinne?) of the neighborhood, or so I have been told. We have been able to
drive down every two weeks or so when we have friends outside the parish
that can house us for a few days, and before we can bleach the downstairs
portion of our home, we desperately need running water to wash/mop the
floors.

FEMA has contacted us regarding the delivery of a trailer, contingent upon
our having running water, so I need to stay on-top of this issue. I don't
know for sure that we don't have water because of one house with a busted
pipe, and can only go on what I hear. I would very much appreciate it if
someone could verify the status of water in my neighborhood. I know that
there were four of us in the first block of Corinne Estates that have gutted
our homes and only need running water to complete the job and/or have a
trailer delivered. Can someone from the Water Board determine if the entire
neighborhood has to be without water, or can water be turned on in sections?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for providing this valuable web-site. I hope that we have the
opportunity to personally meet sometime in the near future. I owe a first
class dinner to you and Craig Taffaro for your on-going assistance.

--
John F. Richardson