[StBernard] Swimming Pools/Electricity

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 7 21:55:47 EST 2005

Westley:

I apologize for again inquiring as to the status of a reciprocal agreement
where-by a St. Bernard resident could, at his option, use an electrician
approved to do work in Orleans and/or Jefferson Parish. Another reason that
I would like to use a relative who is a licensed electrician is so that I
can prepare to address my pool. At the moment it is black from the Murphy
Oil spill, and has minnows, turtles, and at least one snake in it. I can
only guess as to what debris may be lying on the bottom. We have no problem
having him apply for a permit to do our work and only our work, as he does
not wish to take work away from St. Bernard residents, but it would be nice
to have someone we know well and can coordinate our schedules with.

This would also help expedite the repair of our home, so that we can return
as soon as the parish gives the OK.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I thought about our pool after
reading one of the letters in your web-site. Although they shouldn't be in
my back yard, it is always a possibility that someone will go where they
don't belong, and believe me, the water is so black we have no idea what is
in the pool. It's present condition is also a source of mosquitoes and who
knows what else.

--
John F. Richardson