[StBernard] house gutting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 9 08:37:22 EST 2005

The blockade does give a sense of security and shows me some people really
care about our parish. However, the looting I believe is not just outsiders.
In fact, we are almost sure that there are locals already staying in the
parish or in adjacent parish in Plaquemine who are trying to salvage not
only their own, possibly thinking it is abandoned and would just be lost to
a bulldoze.
Unfortunately, that theory, thinking the best of people, wont hold up to our
uninvited guests as we have a huge sign by the house that we will be back.
Seems that one of our 'helpers' is known to others as helping out to return
later to 'finish the job' so to speak but fails to ask if he make take the
items. So....................... low life returned as well, remains as well,
and is apparently rebuilding with stolen goods. What a shame, but life is
life.

Gaby