[StBernard] ICC Claim with Flood Insurance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 10 18:21:53 EST 2005

Craig,
I understand that with some flood policies, a SEPARATE claim may be filed
for Increased Cost of Compliance (or ICC) for up to an additional
$30,000.00. You may be eligible if your home was substantially damaged (cost
to repair flooded structure is 50% or more of it's pre-disaster value).
My question is this:
Who determines if my structure is more than 50% damaged?? I understand that
in order to file the claim, you must have a letter stating the structure has
been deemed 50% or more damaged.
Who would draft such a letter?

Has any decisions been made as to the raising of the floodplain elevations?
Any additonal information is much appreciated.
Thanks!

Tracie