[StBernard] White Goods and the National Guard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 11 16:43:56 EST 2005

What is the definition of "White Goods"?

I thought it was major appliances like refrigerators, stoves, washers, etc.

When the Arkansas National Guard came to our houses it was to remove large
items, not just white goods. They took out a large kitchen pantry that
had fallen over, sofas, waterlogged beds, dressers, TVs, bookcases, etc.

They would not remove any appliance hooked up to a natural gas line--the
dryer and the stove.

If there is anything that you may want to rescue from a dresser you should
be there or remove the items before the guard comes.

IIRC, the Guard Member signing us up for the service said that the La.
National Guard was taking over when Arkansas leaves. They may have
differnet policies on what they take out of the homes. (That is if they do
it at all.)

--
J. Hodges
jwhodges at cox.net