[StBernard] Update From State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 11 23:41:59 EST 2005

Westley:

I have the highest regards for Ms. Hutter and certainly welcome any
information that she is able to provide, so this email is not directed at
her. It seems like every time we take a step forward to return to St.
Bernard, we are provided with information that makes us second-guess whether
or not we should move on with our lives and leave St. Bernard behind. This
is not something I want to do, but it raises concerns when I read all the
warnings about the dangers of returning home. I have already worked
numerous hours myself, and have paid to have my house cleaned of the swamp
mud and treated for mold and mildew. Have I wasted my time and money?
Should I just stop and walk away?

I know this is a personal choice, and I reallize that the CDC and other
agencies are providing a worse case scenerio, but it is frustrating to read
one report that says that contaminants are under control and another that
warns us leave our shoes outside, etc. FEMA has contacted me twice about
having a trailer placed in my driveway, and I can't wait until it happens.
On the other hand, since I live in an area that Murphy has included in its
map, am I exposing my family to elements that will affect their lives in the
future?

John Richardson