[StBernard] A few questions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 13 22:46:48 EST 2005

Westley,

Could you please pass this along to Craig,

I have few questions after talking to some people who are anxious to begin
the rebuilding process.

1. If your home is structurally sound do they need to be raised to heights
higher than pre-Katrina levels. If so, what will be the impact to our cost
for flood insurance if we decide not to raise the house. I have heard that
are limits to how much the flood insurance can be raised on an annual basis.
Is this true.

2. Since the insurance industry isn't paying much in the form of homeowners
claims, are we to expect the cost of homeowners to not increase
dramatically.

3. Under what circumstances do you have to completely rewire your home. If
your home has double insulated ROMAX wiring, does it need to be replaced.
If not, what is needed to get permit approval.

There are numerous people who are anxious to get things going if these
simple questions can be answered. Of course, this doesn't apply to those
homes that are structurally damaged or within the Murphy Oil affected zone.

I also believe that we should do as much to support the return of residents
as long as it is safe to do so (like we are doing for businesses). Without
the residents, how long can we expect the businesses to survive.

I believe that it is also prudent to have more non-business owner residents
on the rebuilding committee. Their perspective may be a bit different and
their needs most certainly will. We have a unique opportunity to design a
better place to live. One that balances the needs of the business and
residental communities.

Thanks again for all you do for us. I know that they is so much that you do
that is not apparent to the naked eye.

Howard Luna