[StBernard] possible counceling

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 14 20:07:14 EST 2005

Replacing kids lost items is helpful. They lost everthing too, and their
treasures are as important to them as ours are to us.
One thing that helped was finding a dancing school. She comes home happy and
full of energy, at least for that evening, and it gives her something to
look forward to on a weekly basis while waiting for her school to reopen
next year. Small goals are easier to reach than far away ones.

Also I had her make a 'insurance' list of things, books, CDs, toys and let
her pick a few she wants to replace now and then on our trips to Walmart,
within our financial limits of course. She prioritized her list and knows we
will not get all at once and some things never. It helps and gives her a
sense of control while acknowledging that HER posessions are valuable as
well.

Gaby