[StBernard] Home inspections

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 14 20:50:38 EST 2005

Either today, or, tomorrow, Nov 14, or, 15, is the day on which the
inspections of homes were to have been complete. Unless I am mistaken, it
does not appear as though the inpsection process will be completed within
this time table. Has a new completion target date been set? If so, what is
it?

In the meantime, is it not possible to post the areas that have been
inspected; to post the results of those houses that have been inspected? I
understand that the parish govt is trying to locate the owners of those
properties that have been deemed structurally unsound. Well, unless some
one in the government is mystic, I am quite sure locating some owners will
require some time and effort..... Where have their names been posted?
Where, on the parish website, can I, as a property owner, check to determine
if my house is sound or not? I ask because the parish govt. won' tbe able
to find me, if they need to - - I have not yet made any address changes, nor
have I ever communicated my new location(SSSS!) to the government.... So,
unless I tell them where I am, how do they propose to find me, if need be?

I have asked the question, several times: why not post the inspection
results as they come in?! Mr. Tafaro seemed to agree with me, and was to
try to push to see that these results could be published as they were found.
I am sure he has tried to do so, but, must have met resisitance, and, can't
get the change approved. As a result, many of us will continue to let our
houses sit, and, grow more mold, while we wait for the "ANSWERS"!

Charlie Fos
e-mail: fosc at randacorp.com