[StBernard] Ideas for the new St. Bernard

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 16 14:46:23 EST 2005

Westley:

I had a few additional thoughts relative to Marvin's request for what we
would like to see in the "new" St. Bernard:

(1) We should work with the New Orleans City Council to prevent the opening
of adult stores on Paris Road.

(2) With the expected reduction in population, we need to reevaluate the
number of stop signs on key streets (ie: Genie), and also the need for all
the signal lights, to insure a more even flow of traffic.

(3) It would be helpful for the parish residents to know the status of
various projects. As the St. Bernard Voice is the official means of
communication to parish residents, perhaps a monthly report could be
published identifying when (and which) streets are scheduled for
resurfacing, the date the project was initiated, and the expected completion
date. Everyone would then be aware of just how much is being accomplished
throughout the parish, and at the same time, know the status of projects
that are of particular importance to them.

Thanks for allowing me to submit these additional thoughts!

--
John F. Richardson