[StBernard] Deal reached on MRGO

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 16 21:36:18 EST 2005

Editors Note: Carol, the article you are referring to was a press release
by the Port of New Orleans. A correction was sent out that no deal has been
struct as of yet between the parish and the port.

For the record, I will way that yes, I agree that the MRGO must be closed.
However, I don't think you can get it closed, even after Katrina, not in the
short term. However, you can get them to raise the draft height. It is a
first step towards getting the MRGO closed.

---------------------

Not more than one year ago Henry Rodriguez Jr, spoke at Archbishop Hannan
High School. Mr. Rodriguez spoke to our students and faculty about the
importance of closing the MRGO...he spoke about the possible devastation a
cat 3 or more hurricane could do to our parish...he said the MRGO must be
closed...now he is making deals...something smells in Denmark! We have seen
what a cat 3 hurricane has done to our community...I say no deals...close
the MRGO....as Mr. Rodriguez Jr. has been saying....stick to your own
words...Mr. Rodriguez....stick to your own words!

Carol M. Hingle
Oakridge resident!