[StBernard] Adult Bookstores

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 19 12:37:41 EST 2005

GABY AND OTHERS:

Let's not get in all these arguements amongst ourselves in these rough
times. All of the points you bring up are valid and need to be addressed.
We need to present one united front.

In Gaby's defense, these shops are an eye sore, they don't have to be in the
fore front, at the entrance of our Parish. Let's have a nice clean
wholesome front. I'm not for policing your bedroom, that is between you and
your wife, partner, whoever. But, honestly, who wants that out in the open.
What you are talking about is things that are intimate between 2 people [or
maybe one ;-)], in there home, and not out in the open on the street. I'm
not about squashing free speech, business, etc., etc., etc.,. But don't hide
behind the constition on issues like this. Now as far as the gambling,
bars, etc. The "funk whole joints" that breed violance, filth, and draw the
wrong crowds, get rid of them too. I don't have a problem with an
establishment that serves adult beverages and serves those 21 and older
only, but they should have a standard to keep.

Not everything is so black and white and cut and dry. You can go TOO FAR on
either side. You don't want to create and environment where you police
everything you do, you also don't want to get into an area where we lose our
moral values because of our "rights". We don't need a piece of paper to
tell us what is right and wrong, it should be in our hearts.

-Tony Henry