[StBernard] Trying to get an answer on debris removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 21 22:45:41 EST 2005

Running in circles with the federal government until someone provides
me with an opportunity to speak to a human so I can discuss the
situation with DEQ or EPA about using our neighborhoods as a holding
place for debris until EPA decides where it goes and who takes it. One
EPA website says Murphy will remove all the debris in the oil spill
area, if so, when????

For everyone's information, the Center for Disease Control doesn't want
to get involved unless EPA calls them in. Guess we need the plague to
come first. LADEQ has my voice mails, too. Guess they are all in St.
Bernard monitoring the clean-up like their website says they are,
really it says that LADEQ is monitoring the Murphy oil spill area's
cleanup.

Maybe we should just take it out in one Hefty bag at a time. No one
cares that we took our personal belongings out that way to clean them
up and disinfect them. I wore my salvaged coat to work today since the
cleaners did such a great job on it! Apparently, it was higher than the
oil line, although it was in the early floodwater.

Craig, anything you can share today about this issue?