[StBernard] Need A Contractor Estimate

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 22 22:25:22 EST 2005

ALLSTATE, my HOMEOWNERS insurance is not wanting to pay out much on my
claim. SURPRISE!!!

ALLSTATE is telling me that if I do not agree with the settlement, that I
can get a contractor to to write an estimate on the "wind damage", send it
in, they will review it and then they will pay out more on the claim.

As much as I HATE ALLSTATE AT THIS POINT, I won't get into my rant of how
WRONG this actually is. If we haven't been through enough already, make us
jump through hoops for what it rightfully ours... Anyway...

I need a contractor to write the estimate. I do not know how much this will
cost, I know it takes your time to do this. I do not plan on refurbishing
the home, it received a rating of 3 and is 60% to 100% damaged. Basically
I need an estimate on repairing the back 1/2 that is on the ground, the
roof, roof vents, columns, soffit & facia, windows, etc.

So, if any of the local guys are around or coming back, please let me know
if you can help me and what it will cost.

THANKS!
-Tony Henry