[StBernard] Disaster Food Stamps

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 23 12:22:20 EST 2005

I spoke with the gentlemen from the Food Stamp office at the Hurricane
Relief Center in Chalmette by Wal-Mart on Monday, and he told me the cards
would not be good past the end of the month. He said the only way anyone
has a chance at getting this extended would be if you had no income. He
also said if you were just receiving unemployment, you would probably not be
eligible. This is something we have to have a clear answer on. If they are
going to be cut off at the end of the month, none of us can afford to leave
unused monies on their cards. Can someone from Parish Government get an
answer from the state and be sure it is the same answer for cards issued in
other states.

KS