[StBernard] Right of Demolition Form

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 24 22:48:40 EST 2005

Dear Rena,

I hope these answers help you in your decision making- If there is anything
else we can do, please do not hesitate to call or write.

1. I want to have my home demolished and have read the procedures for
demolition of structure due to damage of hurricane katrina, and in section 2
it states in part "OR YOUR FORM MUST BE NOTARIZED BY ANY STATE NOTARY", is
this applicable for those living out of state or do they mean a Louisiana
State Notary??
Any state notary will suffice- the notary seal is mainly to assure that
the person signing the form is actually the person able to do so.

2. Is there a deadline for submitting the demolition form?
There is no set deadline, but the sooner you send in the consent the more
efficient the coordination of the demolition. The demolition will usually
begin several weeks after the form is signed at the start of the process.
As a reference, if you are able to get the form signed and in by January
there should be little hold ups.

3. Once submitted, approximately how long before the demolition would
start?
See above #2

4. Do you know how to go about having your mortgage cancelled with the
Clerks office? I had to pay off my mortgage and don't know what the
procedure is.
Just bring your cancelled note to the clerk's office.

5. I haven't received any bill for taxes yet. Who do I contact regarding
this? I would hate to be late sending in my taxes and have the Parish
confiscate my property for non-payment of taxes.
Don't worry, your property won't be confiscated. The assessor's office
will be determining the property tax rate for the year, but there is likely
to be a significant change in the usual procedure. Keep checking the
sbpg.net website for further info from about the assessor's process.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Craig Taffaro