[StBernard] MR. HUNNICUT ON CHANNEL 8 NEWS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 29 23:04:06 EST 2005

Mr. Hunnicut,

On the Channel 8 news, you stated that the residents need to make
decisions about what to do with their property. How can we make an
intelligent decision when we can't get any definate answers about whether
our property is a hazardous site, are the levees ever going to be built to
catrgory 5 standards, if Mr. GO is going to be closed and if the assessment
of our home deems it to be demolished ? The site for the assessment is
rather vague. My home was rated a 2, 30% - 60 % damaged, but it only
mentions the patio cover, which has been removed. The news indicated that
homes in this category may need to be demolished. So, it seems as if this
assessment is indicating that my home has to be demolished just because of a
patio cover. If this is not the case, then I feel I deserve a better
explanation about what is wrong with my home that deems it necessary to be
demolished. All of the other homes around me were rated a 1, except one,
which was rated like mine because of a patio cover. Explanations would be
appreciated so we can determine if we are wasting our time cleaning our
home. Thank you,

Sylvia Keller