[StBernard] Damage Assessment Reports

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 2 07:49:30 EST 2005

My house is located in Arabi, where several homes sit in the middle of
streets and so many are damaged beyond repair. Although my house is still
standing in its place (I think), the sheetrock has fallen off of the walls,
along with most of my ceilings, where light fixtures, ceiling fans and a/c
ducts are dangling. The floors seem to be caving in and outside, my garage
is twisted and off of its slab. And yet, the damage rating on my house is
1, listed as 30% - 60% damaged. Well, which is it? 1/3 is a lot different
than 2/3. Who is rating the damage and how on earth can a house be rated a
1 when even the flood policy is paying limits? Am I to assume that the
water that was over my roof did less damage to my home than the water that
covered the house just two doors down, which is on the demolition list? I
really don't get it. Please, could you explain?

Thanks,
Lisa