[StBernard] Police Dept.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 2 07:50:36 EST 2005

Do you know just how many police officers are still with the department, and
what are they doing? I've been back to St. Bernard several times since
Katrina, not noticing much change in anything. But, last weekend when I
went into my business, I was shocked to discover that someone had stolen the
few things I could have salvaged. Every neon was taken off of the walls,
along with a 31" television set. The thief even climbed under a wall that
was pushed out and over a tumbled ice machine, along with other kitchen
equipment, to remove the door to my office and took a time-lapse vcr, along
with several bottles of liquor. Man, talk about adding insult to injury! I
know the police can't be everywhere at once, but is anyone paying attention
to this problem? I know the police have been accused of quite a lot and
though I pray that most of that are just rumors, I know for a fact, that the
Fire Chief allowed someone to go into my business without my permission.
I'll tell ya, as much as I want to, it's getting harder and harder to think
about coming home.

Lisa