[StBernard] Murphy Oil Debris Removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 2 09:27:27 EST 2005

Dear Steve and all,

The ruling by DEQ/EPA about the debris is more precautionary than anything
else. The idea is just like if a grocery store or a restaurant had a bad
piece of meat- it would be safer to remove all the meat in a certain lot
instead of guessing which pieces were bad. DEQ is treating everything as
contaminated instead of testing everything that comes out of the area. The
current situation is that Murphy has located a receivable site for the
debris and anticipates starting removal today.

It is a bit confusing, but I think the situation will become clearer as our
consulting environmental law firm starts interpreting the process that is
being followed and assists in identifying what the legal areas are that we
can require more action from Murphy.

Keep pushing us so we can keep pushing ourselves.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Craig