[StBernard] Insurance Claims

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 3 12:04:06 EST 2005

Wendy,
My wife and I have flood insurance through Allstate and we've probably had
an adjuster for 2 months. The first problem was him calling our home in
Chalmette and to his surprise nobody answered.When he finally got in touch
with us he claimed we would be receiving a check. We didn't and the fact is
we have a minimal amount of insurance.
A close friend also has Allstate, and after calling several times they
finally sent her a check...for partial payment. I really haven't heard
anything good about Allstate, but I have heard positive stories about State
Farm.
I'll give my wife another opportunity to call them, then I'll contact the
Commissioner's Office.
We hear a lot of lip-service from the likes of Hutter, Blanco and others.
But Mr. Boasso seems to be the one person actually doing more than talking.
We need someone,anyone, to do something
about the negligence and laziness of some insurance companies.
Thanks,
David Jochum