[StBernard] House Committee Passes "Gulf Coast Recovery Act"

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 9 21:01:12 EST 2005

John,

I think you are correct in your assessments.

I believe the parish is working to install a new communications system and I
have heard rumors of an ambitious plan to have all debris picked up in three
months.

I'm not sure exactly where these plans stand at the moment, but when dealing
with the Federal Government, and especially FEMA, you have to be sure that
all your ducks are in a row before you make any announcements.

What truly baffles me is that you hear FEMA approved or rejected this or
that. FEMA didn't do squat. FEMA is an organization, it cannot make
decisions. I want to know who the real, supposively warm-bodied person is
that is stamping approve or reject on different proposals. Who is this
person and how did they receive this power? Who is double-checking their
decisions?

Westley