[StBernard] FEMA

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 9 23:23:18 EST 2005

Westley:

I could not agree with you more. FEMA is out of control. I have been
calling for close to three months now, and I have yet to get the same answer
twice. The only time I ever got anyting straight was when I sat across the
table face-to-face on a visit to Chalmette. The other two times I was
face-to-face, I talked to FEMA employees that LIVED in Chalmette, and I
still received bogus information, or should I say information that was
completely different from what I was told on the telephone before and after
my visit to Chalmette. To work for FEMA must involve an extensive 2 hour
training program to have so many incompetent employees. I have been
contacted about placing a trailer on my property six times now, the most
recent being one week ago Sunday when the inspector called me here in
Chattanooga and asked if I could quickly drive out and meet him, and then
the next day, when another FEMA employee called, again from my home, to tell
me he didn't agree with the placement of the sewer line at my house. He
faxed me the documents which I faxed back immediately after completing them,
and mailed the originals he next day. I have called since, and FEMA advised
that there is no record of anyone contacting me. When I told her I had
someone drive to my house and verified that a trench had been dug for the
sewer line, she told me that my friend must have had the wrong house. When
I told her that he had been to my house a hundred times, her response was
that with the street signs missing and all the trash, he could easily be
confused. When I asked for her ID number, she hung up on me. I called back
and was told that each call is routed to a different person and/or FEMA Call
Center. There is no incentive for FEMA employees to remotely care, although
I am sure that there are a few dedicated individuals correcting the mistakes
of their coworkers. I had consistently informed them that I would move into
a trailer city, take a trailer on my property, or do anything to get closer
to home, yet all I ever get is promises. FEMA needs to be thoroughly
reevaluated, and when appropriate, employees need to be fired. This
nonsense of not being able to fire a government employee is a major part of
the problem!

John