[StBernard] Insurance policies

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 11 10:29:56 EST 2005

Thanks for the note of caution. I really have not planned on a renters, as
we are renting furnished and really have nothing to insure other than a
donated desk or two and our walmart wardrobe. So I probably just keep it
this way until we decide when and where to buy something as our return to
our own property is not only delayed but also very much up in the air (as
bad as down in the water).

Gaby,
be careful of changing that policy to a renters. I did the same
last year
when I sold my house, and State farm could not write me home owners
when I
bought my new house (17 days before the storm!) I had my auto and a
rental
dwelling for a different home with them, but was told that since I
did not
have a home owners they could not transfer the rental nor renters to
;homeowner. I would get a second opinion.

Gaby