[StBernard] Christmas Party Postponed, ABC26 Airs St Bernard Special, and More...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 15 23:23:10 EST 2005

Christmas Party Postponed, ABC26 Airs St Bernard Special, and More...

December 15 , 2005

By: Steve Cannizaro

----

Saturday's Christmas party postponed because of bad weather; ABC News 26 to
air special on "Rebuilding St. Bernard" on Friday night; Compassionate
Friends of St. Bernard holds candlelight memorial service Saturday; Shine
Productions has holiday variety show on Sunday

A Christmas party being thrown for St. Bernard Parish residents by St.
Charles Parish government on Saturday, Dec. 17, has been postponed because
of predicted bad weather.

The party, to feature food as well as toys for children, will be rescheduled
the week of Dec. 19. No new date has been decided.

The event, to be held behind the parish government building in Chalmette, is
to be a present to St. Bernard residents from officials of St. Charles
Parish.

###

The New Orleans television station ABC News 26 will air a one-hour special
on St. Bernard Parish on Friday night, Dec. 16.

Called "Rebuilding St. Bernard,'' the show will run from 8-9 p.m. and cover
several topics, including advancements the parish has made since Hurricane
Katrina, as well as the continuing question of what will happen with the
Mississippi River - Gulf Outlet.

###

The Compassionate Friends of St. Bernard will hold its 18th annual
candlelight memorial service at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at the parish
government building.

"We will light candles to celebrate the lives of our precious family members
gone too soon,'' said coordinator Liz Lemoine.

"We invite all parish residents to join us in remembrance of the loss of our
cherished mementos, our homes, as well as our way of life as we knew it in
our community,'' she said. "Most importantly, we will honor and remember all
those whose lives were lost during this devastating tragedy.''

Candles will be provided. For more information call Lemoine at (504)
421-3986, 460-4777 or 495-1386.

###

Shine Productions of St. Bernard Parish will hold its Holiday Variety Show,
featuring comedy and music, at 2 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 18 in the tent at the
edge of Torres Park, behind the parish government building o

Residents are invited and are invited to bring a lawn chair to the "pay what

you can'' effort and a portion of the proceeds will go to St. Bernard Parish

relief efforts.

The family show is sponsored by St. Bernard Parish government.

Following the show, there will be a ceremony to honor St. Bernard's first
responders.

For more information, call Rose Marie Sand at (504) 666-1220 or Barry
Lemoine at (504) 301-8770.