[StBernard] Parish Update for 12/16/05 - Cars/Boats

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 18 21:53:00 EST 2005

Craig:

I wanted to suggest that everyone with automobiles that they owned and have
settled with their insurance companies should take the time to call their
insurance companies again, to let them know that they can once again remove
the vehicles from the parish (provided I understood this correctly). For
over two months I had two cars in my way, and when I contacted GEICO I was
informed that the parish would not let them remove any more vehicles to the
EPA. When we arrived home Thursday, I noticed my Eclipse was gone and the
CRV remained. I contacted Murphy in regards to the debris in front of my
home and was advised that they were getting complaints from people when they
removed debris past the sidewalk. I contacted Murphy's President again, and
by time we arrived in Corrine Estates Friday morning they had removed all
the debris from my home and along the canal. The CRV was also missing,
however I cannot verify who took it.

Could the next parish web-site update advise residents as to what actions to
take regarding the remaining vehicles? Do we contact the insurance
companies and let them know it is ok to remove the vehicles from the parish,
or is there a specific location that they should move the vehicles to? Two
different representatives of GEICO have asked that I let them know when they
can remove the vehicles that have resolved claims on, but that is a question
I can't answer. I know that removing the cars sitting around the parish
will greatly improve the appearance and remove obstacles and potential
safety hazards.

As always, thanks for your involvement in getting the answers we need.

John Richardson