[StBernard] Condemnation/Mitigation Issues

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 21 00:29:39 EST 2005

Question?

How is it that the Parish Council is giving home owners a deadline to decide
whether or not they will re-build or demolish? Let's see...all of our lives
were turned upside down...inside out...homes...gone...jobs gone...a lifetime
spent working and sweating for what...
Hmmm...let me decide now...

How about we give "them" a deadline on building levees for cat 5 huricanes
before we spend our hard earned money on returning ...only to possibly lose
everything again next year...or the next.
We trusted in our government officials....thinking that we were pretty well
safe from such a catastrophe...as we learned the hard way....we were not
safe from a cat3..We have lost almost all of our protection...and some is
being frantically put back together!
Why did government officials allow the ship channel(MRGO) in the first
place...officials were warned that MRGO was a very bad idea...it was dug any
way...of course the ordinary person... that live, work, and spend our hard
earned money have no say....we are led like lambs to slaughter...we not only
believe our officials, but we trust that they will do the right thing...for
our (the publics) safety...In the end...all that counts is big
business...what's in it for the deep pocket corporate... money
grubbing...don't give a care of who is hurt in the process...CROOKS!
We are told that there would be some companies that need to relocate, and
200-300 jobs would be lost...well how many homes and jobs, not to mention
lives were lost by this disaster. One life lost...is to much!
We need better treatment than we are getting...we, the people need
answers...we read and hear many different reports...on buyouts...raising
homes or not raising homes...how the hell are we suppose to decide by
January 31, 2006...when we have no direct answers...

Carol M. Hingle
Oakridge Park