[StBernard] Who got trash removal contracts

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 22 09:40:32 EST 2005

By state law, these are public records.

I believe the list of debris contractors was published before one of the
now defunct "official" websites. The list included names, zones, and
telephone numbers. I thought I had a local copy; but I can't find it.

Maybe Craig Taffaro, Ray Garofalo (webmaster of the temp site), or "Jerry"
(the webmaster of the old site) can point to a copy of it?

Personally, I'd like to have the list so I know who to complain to for
ripping up my sidewalk when they removed debris.

J. Hodges

-----------------------------

LA. Revised Statute

TITLE 44

PUBLIC RECORDS AND RECORDERS

CHAPTER 1. PUBLIC RECORDS

PART I. SCOPE

§1. General definitions

A.(1) As used in this Chapter, the phrase "public body" means any branch,
department, office, agency, board, commission, district, governing
authority, political subdivision, or any committee, subcommittee, advisory
board, or task force thereof, or any other instrumentality of state,
parish, or municipal government, including a public or quasi-public
nonprofit corporation designated as an entity to perform a governmental or
proprietary function.

(2)(a) All books, records, writings, accounts, letters and letter books,
maps, drawings, photographs, cards, tapes, recordings, memoranda, and
papers, and all copies, duplicates, photographs, including microfilm, or
other reproductions thereof, or any other documentary materials,
regardless of physical form or characteristics, including information
contained in electronic data processing equipment, having been used, being
in use, or prepared, possessed, or retained for use in the conduct,
transaction, or performance of any business, transaction, work, duty, or
function which was conducted, transacted, or performed by or under the
authority of the constitution or laws of this state, or by or under the
authority of any ordinance, regulation, mandate, or order of any public
body or concerning the receipt or payment of any money received or paid by
or under the authority of the constitution or the laws of this state, are
"public records", except as otherwise provided in this Chapter or the
Constitution of Louisiana.

(b) Notwithstanding Subparagraph (a), any documentary material of a
security feature of a public body's electronic data processing system,
information technology system, telecommunications network, or electronic
security system, including hardware or software security, password, or
security procedure, process, configuration, software, and code is not a
"public record".

(3) As used in this Chapter, the word "custodian" means the public
official or head of any public body having custody or control of a public
record, or a representative specifically authorized by him to respond to
requests to inspect any such public records.