[StBernard] Nunez is Back

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 29 16:43:45 EST 2005

Ron,

I, and I'm sure many others, enjoyed your "Point of View" article. I asked
the same questions about many of the same topics which were paramount to my
decision making process on whether to return my business to St. Bernard
Parish, or not. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a response from anyone in
an official capacity to address my concerns or answer my questions. I have
since decided to relocate my business to Pearl River, Louisiana. This was
not my first choice, but after two months of getting no answers, I had to
make a business decision and could no longer wait. I am not criticizing
anyone for this; I feel that the majority of our elected officials have
worked extremely hard, and are doing their best to communicate to the
general public, make plans for cleaning-up the parish, trying to
re-establish basic services, and establishing some rebuilding guidelines. I
feel they have worked diligently to improve a somewhat impossible&n
bsp;task. I also feel that the elected officials are not getting the answers
they need from other government agencies, federal and state, to allow them
to progress as quickly as they would like. With that said, the citizens
should be afforded the same luxury of being able to wait until more official
information can be distributed, so that people can make a better educated
decision, which will effect their entire future. I appreciate your point of
view, and I also appreciate the hard work and effort of our elected
officials. My hope is that people will understand and will not be critical
of individuals or businesses that decide not to return, because they could
no longer wait for answers before making a decision, and that the term
"traitor" is no longer used when describing these individuals and
businesses!

Thanks and God Bless!
Steve Fecke
Jubilee Foods