[StBernard] signs in the parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 29 23:29:18 EST 2005

Sam,

This is a tough one. At this point I think it is time to have the signs
picked up since there are just so many out there that you can't
differentiate one from another. At the the same time, local businesses need
a way to advertise.

I'm not sure what the rules are for placing signs like that on the neutral
grounds, and as much as I hate to say it, perhaps there needs to be some
type of licensing for the signs. I would suggest in the bottom right-hand
corner, using 1 inch letters, print the companies local tax account number,
the one generated by the Sheriff's office.

Established businesses in St. Bernard should already have this number. Any
new business would have to go pay for a St. Bernard license, which would
generate some extra revenue.

Any signs without this can be picked up by the parish.

If I didn't think some unscrupulous folks would move signs around, I would
even say so sign can be within one foot of another sign. Perhaps the better
approach here would be all signs need to be placed so that the face is
parallel with the roadway, at least 24 inches and no more than 36 inches
from the curb. No sign can be bigger than 24 x 24 inches.

If the signs were placed neatly instead of haphazardly, it would be so bad.

My two cents,
Westley