[StBernard] Signs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 3 09:41:39 EST 2006

I live in Corinne Estates. I wanted to share what happened today while
working on our house. A man came by who has a flooring business. He
introduced himself and then said, "I understand Corinne Estates prefers us
not to post signs." I said, "Yes, we are returning to our subdivision
restrictions with the new year, and you can see all signs on the neutral
ground are now gone, except one company that nailed it 12 feet up a tree and
has been called to remove it." I suggested that if he wanted to make
contact with our homeowners, just tack a flyer or card at our houses, just
like businesses did when we were under construction. He said he'd do that
because he wants our business and respects our wishes, since his
neighborhood in St. Tammany was also devasted and as a homeowner, he, too,
wants to begin returning to normal. I thanked him for the consideration. You
can be sure, I'll let pass along his business name and number to our
neighbors because his respect for the feelings of his potential customers
impressed me. If he cares that much about his potential customers, I believe
he'll really do good work for his actual customers.By the way, I understand
the roofer who nailed the sign so high up the tree that it can't be taken
down, didn't even know where Chalmette was when he was called about removing
it.

A Corinne Estates homeowner