[StBernard] Removal of Oil Spill Area soils

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 3 17:35:56 EST 2006

Regarding the Murphy Oil Spill Area---While I've seen quite a few
properties having their exteriors washed down, I haven't seen one
property getting its soil removed and replaced as per the Murhphy
settlement agreement so I was wondering whether I just haven't seen it,
or if all the tests were negative (I doubt that), or if none of the
test results are in. Anyone seen soil being removed yet?

It was my assumption that Murphy also had to test and remediate all the
soil that tested positive in the neutral grounds. This would be Judge
Perez Dr. and parts of Corinne Avenue and Palmisano Avenue. I haven't
seen any red flags there indicating they tested the public's soil yet.
Has SBPG been told when these public areas will be tested? Seems that
this testing could be happening now, the bad soil removed, and the
areas replanted before spring.

Deborah Keller