[StBernard] address for return of forms

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 7 09:51:46 EST 2006

Phyllis, I've discussed things with "Clay" from Mike Hunnicut's Community
Development yesterday and he faxed me a form, if I may. He faxed me a
Procedures for Hazards removal and I'll quote your answers from it:

1.where do i mail it? i live in California and can not return home at
present

**Mail the completed form with a copy of your picture ID (Drivers License)or
notorized by a state notary to:

Community Development
Hazard Removal
8201 W. Judge Perez Dr.
Chalmette, LA 70043

2. who decides what needs to be removed. i only had about 4 feet of water,
so ceilings and top kitchen cabinets should be fine, will they take this
into acount?

***They are requesting any values to be taken away ASAP after submitting as
they expect stuff thrown out by volunteers. The staff wil be processing the
requests as quickly as possible and sending to Public Works office for
scheduling)

Questions?: 504-278-4317 (Public Works).

They'd request to make sure the structure is safe structurally before any
occupancy (inspection reports, etc. noting the degree of damage 30% rating
or higher). Ratings less will be allowed to be reparied/renovated without an
engineering report.

The form gives the parish constent of entry to remove all hazards met by
Katrina and is without cost (The happy, busy Habitat for Humanity folks
should be arriving in a week to 3 weeks according to volunteers being
assembled. (or you can have it done by your expense).

3. do i have to be there?
thanks your site is quite helpful

**They claim you don't. I was told this. Clay told me that they or the
volunteers gathering, won't contact you as to when they'll do the work, so
you might not know until it's finished. He said it'll probably be sheetrock,
hazardous stuff/heavy objects, AND CABINETRY etc, but no "cleansing" (like
Murphy did with hig-pressured hoses, etc. So, if want my cabinets that might
have survived, furniture and all, I'll have to do this before the group
shows up to clean it.

So this is what was on their form they faxed. Perhaps a call might help
more..

jer