[StBernard] KATRINA SURVIVORS: Untold Stories

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 8 17:06:50 EST 2006

Carol, This is so true. I think there needs to be more awareness as to the
magnitude of this, not even on a personal level, but a national level; loss
of oil production, seafood, jobs, foreclosures, etc; does anyone want that?
I do see the bright side of the multitude of jobs in construction, which is
great if you are 20-50, but what about everyone else in between or are
disabled? I was in the Parish community band and most of us lost our
instruments but I have recently read how Baghdad schools just got 1,000 new
instruments from New York City; what the !@#$%^??????? That's great but
can't we keep it in the family when needed? I can't wait to have a good long
talk with God and maybe he can explain all the confusion. Anyway, I am
rambling as usual, but I want to wish you well on the Northshore (they
should be ashamed and need to be better neighbors); up here in North
Mississippi, people have been great listeners and very empathetic and
generous; they have given us so much materially and emotionally; I will
always remember them and give back as soon as I am able. In fact, we are in
Olive Branch, which was named after "The Great Flood!" How ironic. Keep your
chin up (no pun intended)! If you want to write me personally, I am at
msmudpie at centurytel.net I will be glad to hold your hand; sisters have to
stick together. Luv, Mudpie