[StBernard] Removing soil from Lexington & Daryl, Florida and Plaza Dr.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 10 21:18:50 EST 2006

John, Just ONE neighbor who's got oil in your block can likely show proof,
it appears. Since it affects St. Bernard Parish, why is it that the parish
itself cannot move forward more aggresively to do this:

Take any given block. Take a spot samples at locations on four corners of
that block (ie. Plaza dr., go to 3601 Plaza, go to the end (if it's 3675 or
whatever), then go around the corner to Dauterive. Do the same thing on the
even side, 3600 Dauterive and 3674, whatever).

The same thing can be done in quadrants, a mile whatever is feasible.

Then you'll know if anything in between is in trouble. Why should people
panic to rush out for adjusters at their expense?

Should the burden of proof lie on homeowners, at THERE expense to get
independent analysis "before" Murphy (their independent contractors? Is EPA
moving enough to keep the evidence there? (a good example is the evidence
rooms in New Orleans recently that was flooded and destroyed prisoners
records/evidence, etc.).

Is it a case of what we don't know won't hurt us?

So many questions, so few answers. Who, then, if not us are
accountable/responsible for actions or inactions of some?\\

BTW, I live on Plaza DR....so, Would these actions (since I'm not being
told) of someone removing tons of soil affect me at some point? Some might
be speculation at this point, but how much of it is truth at any given
point?

Jer.