[StBernard] Demolition

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 11 21:54:27 EST 2006

Lou-Lou,

I'm not sure I understand what you think is unfair? Going off of tax
assessments? No one is saying someone's home was worthless pre-Katrina.
Everyone had their homes reassessed last year and I seem to recall a lot of
folks complaining the assessments were too high.

I might be wrong here, but I would guess that for the elderly/disabled that
had their assessments frozen, the assessor's office probably still recorded
a new value for them even if they didn't change the amount of taxes due.
Worse case scenario, use the assessor's records for the size of lot and
building, then use that to figure out what the house may have been going for
pre-Katrina.

Remember, if you don't like the figure that is offered to you by the LRC you
can tell them no. It is a strictly voluntary program.

Westley