[StBernard] President Bush's visit, Thursday, Jan 12

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 13 22:33:58 EST 2006

Charlie, I too, begged of this. Such action would have indeed expressed our
dearest earnest, sincerity at wanting to scrape our condition from the
bottom of the barrel and burning desire to excel past the level of the
rodents where some reside. We need more than hope to make full recovery
become a reality. We need confident and eptleaders who must make decisions
that would make or break our community, even at the embarrassment of having
to beg the most powerful leader in the world. I don't think there would have
been anyone disgracing the parish by supplicating for assistance--even at
the point of crying in front of the President. I'm not a leader in that
sense, but in this case, common sense was needed to take full advange of a
Presidental visit from the parish's vantage point. We're desparate people in
precarious times..

Jer