[StBernard] St. Bernard, Baker Plan in Flux

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 18 08:14:05 EST 2006

>From what I understand the Baker Plan is supposed to help everyone, whether

you have insurance or not. That seems fair to me. Everyone's situation is
different for different reasons. No one should be penalized for having
insurance. The Baker Plan is the last resort of some people. After all if
you have enough insurance to pay your mortgage off and still have some
proceeds left, and decide not to rebuilt or repair your home, and also for
whatever reason not to stay in the parish or to relocate somewhere else in
the parish, you still need money to buy something else and to refurnish your
new place.If you have insurance and plan on rebuilding or repairing your
home than you don't need the Baker Plan. And what about the people who have
no insurance and don't qualifiy for the SBA, they recieve grants. Should
that also be subtracted? After all if you have insurance and qualify for a
SBA loan your insurance proceeds or subtracted from the amount you can borr
ow. Everyone's situation is different and what works out for some doesn't
work for all. There is not many people coming out of this tragedy making a
bundle of money. Let us all work together and only hope for the best for
each other. Each of us has to do what is best for ourselves. And yes I have
flood insurance, way underinsured, can pay small mortgage off, but not
repair home too.
Still unsure of what to do, but trying to get back to parish.

Wish only the best to all,
CASSAVEDO