[StBernard] History Lesson & Financial Calculation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 21 00:04:45 EST 2006

I only did a cursory search on Google, so I'm hoping someone can give a
better explanation.

The Tennessee Valley Authority was created mainly as a way to generate
electricity, especially during World War One. I see references to it also
helping with flood control. Can anyone give a simple history of the TVA and
what it is doing for flood control?

Also, I understand that when Congress created the TVA, it was funded with
$30 Billion. Can anyone verify this number? If so, can you also convert it
from 1933 dollars to 2006 dollars?

Thanks,
Westley