[StBernard] rumors???

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 21 20:10:46 EST 2006

Home Depot is planning to return on a limited basis, Walmart to use
50,000
sq ft planning late spring; Winn Dixie is still in decision making
mode>>

Sounds great, so with that and the long list of returning business, school,
physician offices, it looks like one can live in da parish again and be
fully supplied, not having to drive to Metairie for any shopping etc. Not
bad. (except my work is outside the parish, but the rest of my life will be
back home again.)

I was pleased to see more red flags for trailers on my street, but hope it
is the actual owners/neighbors returning, and not some more problems. Each
time I come into the parish (and it is becoming more and more often as we
moved closer) I see more signs of life. Today, however, in the dampness, it
looked very drab and I had to remind myself that it IS moving in the right
direction. Now I hear all those trailers are released, paid finally by FEMA.
Good news indeed. Spring, a time of rebirth.

Gaby