[StBernard] Bashing

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 23 08:41:47 EST 2006

For the record, I have stopped the flow of any emails regarding the bashing
or not of local government. The conversation turned a little too ugly to
let it go through.

Everyone has their own personal reasons for supporting or not supporting the
current leadership, and we'll leave it at that.

My own take has been that the majority of the leadership has done a
fantastic job in rebuilding St. Bernard. It hasn't been perfect, but we
also haven't seen the problems that Orleans Parish has seen. Our parish
president and council have worked side-by-side. You don't see that in any
other parish.

Think about this: St. Bernard had the lowest number of FEMA trailers in
place because the Junior and the Council was fighting with FEMA. Not only
about trailers but also about debris clean-up. With the announcement over
the weekend, St. Bernard should soon lead the metro-area in FEMA trailers
that have placed. The majority, if not all, will be for St. Bernard
residents.

Of the emails I did receive on the subject, the majority has been in favor
of the Council.

Westley