[StBernard] Stinky/Muddy clothes - Why keep?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 26 22:42:32 EST 2006

Cindy,

Sometimes one just has to realize that it is only someone else's opinion,
and to blow it off. My father's WWII Navy uniform and the flag that draped
his coffin were in the flood. The flag had to be dug out of the muck
covering the floor. Of course my brother's and I are going to salvage that,
and anything else we can. My daughter had some of her favorite winter
sweaters in storage in the attic. If you clean the items well enough and
get rid of the smell, they are as good as before the flood. I wish you the
best.

Michelle

Apparently my original message was misunderstood about cleaning
stinky/muddy
clothes, I wasn't asking for anyones opinion whether or not I SHOULD
clean
them, but how?

And if you are going to salvage some things, stuffed animals are the
worst.
I'm sure you know how "dirty" they already and that children with
allergies
can't have them.

Also, if you are of the opinion that nothing like that should be
saved, then
the whole parish should be torn down. Do you think that the wood in
your
house had a "force field" around it so it wasn't exposed to the same
chemicals? If you can treat the wood, why can't you treat your
clothes?
Yes, the wood is not up against your body, but you will inhale any
funk it
grows. I'm guessing your not returning!

I was asking for sentimental things - high school letter jacket,
quilt my
90-yea r-old grandmother made, baptismal gown, outfit I took my
children
home from the hospital in, etc. I am fortunate that I didn't have to
recover clothes. I'm sure many had to recover clothes!!

And as for your comments about "not in a million years." I'm sure
many of
us are doing things that we didn't dream we would do "in a million
years!"

Cindy