[StBernard] Momentos - happy ending for a change

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 28 18:17:33 EST 2006

Several of my neighbors homes on Despaux were being gutted. My companion
was at our house and noticed a rosary and bowling ring all stuck in the muck
in our front driveway. He brought it to me and I soaked it in that miracle
dollar store stuff, the works and it looked new. Noticed that the silver
cross had initials and a date inscribed on the back.

I didn't know my neighbors maiden name but the first initial matched and the
date could have been around the time she might have made her confirmation.

I called one of the other neighbors that I thought would know where they
were. Sure enough I got their phone number and called. And yes, it was her
rosary from her confirmation and her husbands bowling ring. She had no idea
how it showed up in our drive and was really appreciative to know it was
coming home.

jd