[StBernard] Is this correct?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 29 19:29:55 EST 2006

<<Saw this on the WWL TV website. Apparently there was a "MR-GO"
rally in the
East.

Quote:
Saint Bernard parish council president, Joey Difatta, said that it
is
ridiculous for residents to blame destruction cause by Katrina on
the
waterway.

Has Mr. Difatta changed sides on this now?

I'd like to see the full text of his statement if anyone has it.

Jim York>>

This is what the Times Picayune has today:

<http://www.nola.com/images/spacer.gif>

<<Vallon also urged residents to join forces with St. Bernard Parish to urge
for closure of the outlet.
"We're all in the same boat now," said Parish President Henry "Junior"
Rodriguez, adding that the closure of MR-GO "is a No. 1 priority."

"Tell Congress to shut it down," said St. Bernard Council Chairman Joey
DiFatta. >>

Gaby