[StBernard] VERY URGENT: Call or Email the Governor

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 30 20:42:12 EST 2006

Emergency
Last week, I wrote a column about the necessity to have wireless Internet
for much of Louisiana. It is absolutely necessary to have it during the
upcoming special session. The call is almost completed and due to, yes, a
communications problem, the people who matter did not receive the
legislation. In short, here is why we all need your help. NOW. RIGHT NOW.
People are populating parts of New Orleans, St. Bernard, Plaquesmines, St.
Tammany, Cameron parishes and there is little or no means of communication.
The next time a storm hits, it will be disaster. The telecom companies are
not going to be able to connect all places in time at all. We will not be
able to rebuild. People will die due to not being able to communicate. With
wireless Internet at least there is a chance. Without it, there is no chance
of really rebuilding, no communications in these vital areas and people
without means to communicate. I was recently hired by the City of New
Orleans to write legislation. I did. My job is over and so I write this as a
private citizen who publishes Bayoubuzz and who believes we have an
emergency. Below is a fact sheet from Ron Chapman of St. Bernard who
explains why he needs it in his parish. The Governor's office is finishing
the legislative call. I don't think that telecommunications companies,
Parish presidents, or the governor wants more dead bodies. How are people
going to communicate during evacuation? How are they even going to know if a
storm is coming? There is more to this legislation. It is critical we get it
on the call. If there was ever an emergency-it is now. It can be your loved
ones, your family who are trying to rebuild. It can be you or your business
I am asking you to take a second an email the governor. This must be on the
call now so we can make sure people trying to rebuild can. This must be on
the call so we can ensure we save lives of people who are putting themselves
in harms way. I write this as publisher of Bayoubuzz and if you think about
it, there is no way people can talk to each other in these areas and have
full means of communicating. The lives of innocent people are in our hands.
All of us.

<"mailto:bob.mann at la.gov">
Telephone Numbers: 866-366-1121 225-342-0991 or 225-342-7015

Steve Sabludowsky